Saturday 18 February 2012

Tribal Tips



I was feeling a bit colourful so thought I would try out a new design on my nails. There's a real tribal/aztec trend going on at the moment so thought I would recreate this on my nails. It was a little time consuming, but that was mainly because I couldn't decide what to do after each step, so the aim here is to just be as creative as you like, if you feel like doing a different pattern on each nail - go for it, or even if you have longer nails maybe just do the tip or even just one nail per hand.



I decided to go with some bright contrasting colours, I used Sally Hanson Insta-Dry in Lime for the main body of the nail, then I used a selection of my nail art pens for all the detailed parts. A lot of brands are now doing some colours in nail art pens, such as Models Own or you can buy them online or from a salon service shop. If you don't want to buy them, you could try using a fine eye liner or lip liner brush and just use it with your regular nail polishes. I sometimes use a cotton bud as they too are small enough to create patterns with.



OK, so to start I just painted my nails green, then I did a white stripe, followed by a black one. With a steady hand I painted a red zig zag on the white stripe.



I then got a yellow nail art pen and did some stripes and spots. As I said it's all about using your imagination and just creating a funky design. To finish it off I did some red stripes at the top.



To seal it all in I put on a layer of my favourite O.P.I. clear top coat. this stopped them from being all lumpy with all the layers of paint.























I hope you like them, I would love to see some of your creations, let me know what you think of mine.

Sinead x


No comments:

Post a Comment