Saturday 7 January 2012

Pucker Up

I just adore the entire Mac make up collection, and just recently I remembered that if you return 6 empty containers you can get a FREE lipstick with their Back 2 Mac recycling scheme. I wasn't sure if it was just the glass foundation bottles, but turns out it can be any container from bottles or compact powder containers to primers.

 Over the years I had collected a number of containers and never thought about this and whilst doing a well needed decluttering of my bedroom I realised I had like a million empties, so I took them back to Mac. When I got there the really helpful sales girl said there was a max of 4 lipsticks to be given per transaction, so she took 24 of my empty containers and told me I could select what ever lipstick I wanted - apart from the limited edition range.

Back 2 Mac

As most of you know Mac has a massive selection of lipsticks so I was spoilt for choice. I wanted to get an everyday colour so decided to go for one which I have used before - See Sheer. I like the peachy neutral tones of this one, its really creamy and hydrating on my lips. Its subtle yet gives that nice hint of colour.

See Sheer

I then wanted a new nude colour and they had plenty to choose from, I went for Myth, however I haven't really worn it much yet. I really liked it when I swatched it in the shop but when it's on I feel like it blends in to my make up too much and can sometimes look like I just put foundation on my lips. I guess it will be nice if I decided to do a dark eye look, I can keep the lips simple. It will probably just need some trying out first.

Myth

The next one I decided to go for was Girl About Town. Again this is one of those really popular shades and is a real reliable pink shade. It looks really girly and gives a nice pop of colour to the face. It has the same smooth finish and feels really nice on my lips.

Girl About Town

Lastly I wanted to try something different and was looking at their orange shades. I have wanted to try an orangy-coral lipstick for a while but have never gotten any as I thought I wouldn't really wear it too often and would probably be a waste of money, but seeing as I was getting these for free I may as while try one. I tried out a few and didn't think they would go well with my skin tones, so I looked at the shades with pink tones in them. I went with Fusion Pink in the end. I guess this is just a form of pink lipstick but it has a real coral kick and I like how vibrant it looks on my lips.

Fusion Pink

January can be a really long, depressing month and everyone is normally broke after Christmas so this is a good way of getting a little treat for yourself without spending a penny.



Back 2 Mac
Happy Shopping
Sinead x

No comments:

Post a Comment